8.09.2016

How to Use Planners and Notebooks for Your Planning Advantage in College

Last week I promised a post about how I plan, organize my planners and other things during the school year. I have a pretty set system, and it's kind of crazy, but it really keeps me on track and helps me get everything I need to done. So let's go ahead and dive in because there's a TON of information. 


Monthly Views


So I always start, every single semester with writing down all important dates on the monthly view on my planner. This helps me get an overall view of what I need to do each month and helps me plan when I can go home and date nights and stuff. 

White boxes are blog posts that are coming up.

Next, I add the same information to my calendar beside of my desk. I only have two syllabus' so far so there's not much beside the few classes I have so far, work dates and blog posts. I like having a big calendar by my desk because I can easily just look over and see what is coming up without getting out my planner. 


After, I add JUST school stuff to my class notes notebook (see this post for more note taking and organization information). This is very convenient because if I'm in class and a teacher changes a due date or I want to look up one, all I have to do is flip the page. In the notes section at the bottom, that's a good place to write down quick notes while in class of what you need to do. 

Weekly View

Each week, I write down my schedule first - 

Monday:
  • 11:00-11:50am - Planning Class
  • 1:00-6:00pm - Work
Tuesday: 
  • 9:30-10:45am - English
  • 10:45-12:30pm - BREAK
  • 12:30-1:45pm - Accounting
  • 2:00-3:15pm - Courtship and Marriage
  • 4:00-6:50pm - Interior Design 
Then, I'll write the overview of what I need to do that day. Like Monday, I will write 
  • English: Read pgs. 44-60
  • Courtship: Read pgs. 1-20
  • Walk Koda
  • Print Design floor plan
and so on. I had a Day Designer last year and I really, really loved planning hour by hour. But I really missed having a weekly view. It's so good for getting an idea of the week because I can clearly see if there's a test coming up or other important things. 

To-Do Lists


Each week I write the "Daily Tasks" bubble above. There are always things that I want to make sure I do like:
  • Take Medicine
  • Yoga/Workout
  • Walk Koda
  • Wash Face (Morning & Night)
  • Read
  • Blog (Tweet, Instagram, Promote)
  • Clean
  • Class/Study (To be added next week)
That way, I just fill in each bubble as I do them to hold myself accountable for the things I want and need to do. 

Below, I write the things I need to do this week or goals I have. Like: 
  • Take medicine everyday
  • Do yoga/workout 5 days this week
  • Finish my "Creative Habit" book
  • Finish English paper
  • Start Courtship and Marriage paper
  • Rewrite Accounting notes I've slacked on
  • Date night!


For more unimportant tasks or tasks that don't have a specific date due but I still need to do, I write it down on a to-do list pad things like: 
  • Wash clothes
  • Organize closet
  • Koda Flea meds (Friday) 
  • Start Courtship and Marriage paper
  • Grocery shop
  • Write Articles
That's pretty much what I do. It's excessive, I realize that, but it's how I stay organized with 3 jobs, 5 classes, a blog, a dog and a girlfriend. This system I have in place is working for me. Feel free to adopt it all, or adopt bits and pieces to make it work for you. Because what works for me, might not work for you. 

What do you do to plan your week and tasks?







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...