2.15.2017

How to Decorate A Home Office You'll Actually Want to Work In

Recently, more people are gravitating towards to freelance work, full-time blogging, and self-employment. This means that more people are working from home more than ever. It's a struggle for people to focus and get work done at home, especially for people who have roommates, kids, and animals. It's important to create the best space you possibly can for the optimal productivity.


Personal Photos// I have tons of photos around my desk of my friends and family (and a lot of animal photos) in the room that my desk is in and not only does it help decorate the room, but I look up and see pictures of my grandparents that have passed and I am more motivated to work harder and get what I need to done. 

Pretty Office Supplies// I know one thing that really motivates me is pretty office supplies and desk accessories. I LOVE buying new pens, sticky notes, highlighters, and literally anything you can think of. Also, desk accessories are the best because they help organize those said office supplies and they make your desk look a little better. Target has some beautiful desk supplies.

Comfy Chair// I have the most uncomfortable desk chair ever right now. It makes it harder to want to sit there and get work done. One thing that can help you is to have a chair that is comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. I also like to have a blanket while working at my desk to make it a little more comfortable. 

Live Plants// Live plants are always a go to for people to incorporate into their home to really liven it up. There is definitely a benefit of incorporating live plants into offices. Not only will you actually breathe better, but just the sight of them in the room will help you focus and liven you up. 

Open Window// I love working with the window open. Obviously, it depends on the season and the temperature outside. But I feel that it makes me feel a little bit happier when I have the windows open. 

Favorite Music// When I'm not doing something that involves extreme concentration I like to put on the top 40 radio station on Pandora. It helps me get into the right mood. Put on your favorite tunes and get some work done!

Candles// Ask anyone who knows me, and I'm obsessed with candles. I am so much happier when I'm near a candle and definitely when I can smell them. Keeping a candle on or near your desk can improve your mood!


What makes you want to work in your home office?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...