1.26.2017

How to Make Time for Things You Love

This semester is completely crazy for me. I have almost no free time whatsoever and any free time I do have is spent doing homework, showering, or spending time with Kayla and the animals. Every little tiny break I have is jam packed and rushed. My days look like this:

Monday and Wednesday:
9:00-12:00 ~ Work
12:00-2:00 ~ Drive home, walk Koda, clean up around house, any last minute assignments, quick freelance work I can get done, get on the bus and lunch on campus
2:00-7:00 ~ Class
7:00 until ~ Eat dinner, homework, shower, workout, spend time with Kayla and the animals

Tuesday and Thursday:
9:00-12:00 ~ Class
12:00-12:30 ~ Lunch/Walk to class
12:30-2:00 ~ Class
2:00-3:15 ~ Class
3:30-6:30 ~ On Tuesdays I get some stuff ready for my class at 6:30, but on Thursdays I'm done at 3:15 and I'll use this time to run errands, and do anything that needs to be done before the weekend.
6:30-9:00 ~ Movie screening for my film class
Then from there, dinner and more homework

Then Fridays I work 9-6pm.



If you can't tell, I'm really busy. Any free time I have is jam packed with anything I can fit in, like taking Koda on a walk for 10-15 minutes before I have to run off to the bus, handling blog social media while on said bus, and getting some freelance work done in the 10-15 minutes before class starts. It's rough and when I come home at the end of the day I'm absolutely exhausted. have all of these things that I need and want to do at the end of the day that I want and need to do. But actually making myself do them is extremely hard. 

I love reading and I love diving deep into books so I really try and make time for myself at the end of the day to wind down and leave myself 15 minutes to read a chapter or two from my book. I really have perfected my skin care routine so I stop my homework and go into the bathroom (usually followed closely by my dog and cat) and take my make up off, wash my face and apply a mask. 

When I get home from class or work or whatever, Kayla and I workout or do some yoga. This really takes like 20-30 minutes overall, that's not a lot of time out of the day. While this might not be the best thing to do as a student, I try to finish my homework and freelance work by 10pm and do my skin care, reading, catching up on YouTube videos, etc. Even if I'm not done with something, I will roll the rest over to the next day and finish whatever else up when I have a few minutes of time the next day. 

All I'm doing is literally finding pockets of 10-30 minutes of time to get things done and do the things that I love, like yoga, reading, skin care, and taking Koda on walks. All it takes is 10-30 mintues to dedicate time to you and the things that you like. It's important to take the time for yourself and the things that you love each day. 

What do you to do make sure you have time for the things that you love?






No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...