4.24.2016

Moving In {And a Little Update}

WOW. I have been gone for a long time. First off, I want to apologize. I can't really get into anything but it's been a really, really, really rough month. As you know, I started my new job at an interior design firm and furniture dealership in addition to two freelance jobs and 6 classes. Needless to say that was a lot on its own. Then some personal things came up and I got so behind in classes and honestly just overall. I wasn't taking good care of myself for a while and I obviously neglected my blog. And I've missed it. I've started thinking about my blog more recently since things are starting to calm down in my personal life (while picking up at school - thanks exams!). So I decided to make a little (big) announcement.

Kayla and I moved in together. Or should I say "officially" moved in together? After we got Koda, I had stayed over at her apartment to help with Koda (she was trying to get acclimated, she had to eat more often and was going to the bathroom every 3 hours). After Koda got bigger and we all were adjusted, we just kind of got used to being together and I hadn't been in my dorm much at all. So I stayed. And then long story short, we had to move out of the apartment. So instead of waiting until I "moved" out of the dorm, we decided to get on a lease together and move into a duplex.

Honestly, it's almost perfect. There are some things that need to be fixed (our carpet needs replacing, there wasn't handles on the dryer or fridge, the back gate doesn't have a latch, etc.), but the location is great, I can walk to class, and the bus stop is three houses down. There's a trail that we walk Koda down everyday that is perfect. We have a little back patio that our outdoor table and chair fit perfectly on and we're starting a garden and planting some flowers. There's a little grassy area right behind back gate that Koda can roam around in (on a lead of course). It's twice the size and we definitely needed it (especially with me bringing in all of my crap soon). We're so happy. I'm finally getting to decorate and get everything the way we (mostly me because Kayla couldn't care less) want it.

Exams start this week and to put it simply - I'm really stressed! Like I said above, I got really behind in my classes and my grades slipped a little bit. So I need to do well on my exams to bring my grades back up. But, I'm realizing that it's actually not the end of the world if I don't do perfectly in my classes. I'm still going to be in college for two more years so I have time to bring my GPA back up, if I end up doing badly. So I'm just going to see how it goes from here!

My main goal this summer is to get back to blogging regularly. Starting the second or third week in May you should be seeing regular posts agin! So that's it for now! I'm off to campus to eat and go to the design lab to finish my final design project of the semester.

I'm getting back into Instagram and Twitter for Design Ally so make sure to follow me there to keep up with what's going on in my life and for updates on posts!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...