1.25.2015

Patience


Patience. This is something I have a TON of problems with. I usually have no patience. When I’m waiting in line at Starbucks. Hurry up already. When I’m waiting on Kayla to pick me up. It only takes 10 minutes to get from her apartment to my dorm. Why isn’t she here. When people in front of me on the way to class are walking slow, I slowly lose my mind. 

But being patient is really important. And definitely hard to do. Being patient can ultimately give you rewards that you wouldn’t have received otherwise. Let’s say you really want an expensive top. But you KNOW at the end of the season, it will go on sale. If you wait and be patient just for a few months, you can have the top you want, but at a discounted price. 

Or maybe you’re like me and you really want to be successful at what you do. I wanted more than anything for this blog to become popular. I wanted to help other girls like me and let people know I’m available for advice and expertise in some fields. It took a while for me to even get views. But slowly (and I do mean slowly) I’ve accumulated a following. And I’ve gained a ton of friends from it. As you can tell from the weekly guest posts! 

I had to wait from first semester of my Junior year until August of this year to get my own laptop! I drove me insane. Absolutely insane to not have my own computer. I had to write posts on my family’s really really slow computer for so long. And I couldn’t Skype and watch movies with Kayla very easily either while she was in college. But, I stuck it out, and waited until after graduation and my aunt and uncle bought me an amazing (and fast) computer that I absolutely love. 

Being patient will ultimately help you in the end. Some steps to take to help you become a little more patient:

Breathe deeply
Write it out in your journal
Talk to someone
Work more towards your ultimate goal

Good luck in being more patient!

If you want more inspirational posts like this right to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter! Don't worry, I only email you on Sundays!

Subscribe to my mailing list

* indicates required




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...