1.11.2015

Motivation




Last week I talked about New Year, New You. But what happens when you don’t feel motivated to become that new you you planned out last week? Motivation is hard to come by. I’m not naturally a motivated person, but once I have a to-do list written out, I’m suddenly beyond motivated to be able to cross everything on the list off. 

Motivation is needed for nearly everything in your life. Motivation to get out of bed, motivation to go to work, go exercise, write a blog post, spend more time with your friends, etc. It’s hard. When your to-do list is a mile long, it’s sometimes even harder to get motivated to start. 

I know it’s not just me when I say that getting started is the hardest part. Today, I didn’t feel like doing my laundry. I sat there and stared at my bag of clothes for about 10 minutes until I finally got up and put them in the washer. But once I finally got up, it took me about 5 minutes to put my clothes in the washer and get back down to my room. 

Once you get started, it’s easy to continue and finish whatever task, resolution, or assignment that you have to do. I read somewhere recently that this man had a problem wanting to go workout at the gym. All he simply had to do was get in the car and drive to the gym and he was more inclined to get out and complete his workout. 

What I’ve begun to do, is when I have something I need or want to do, I just do it. I don’t think about doing it. I don’t pause when thinking about doing it. I just do it. I get whatever it is finished faster, and when I’m finished, I usually realize whatever it was wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. 

I have a lot of plans for my life. I plan to be a successful Interior Designer, and have a huge house are just two of my dreams. But dreams don’t work unless you do. Whenever I don’t feel like finishing a drawing, or reading another chapter I remember that I have to work now, to get the benefits later. It’s that kind of incentive that motivates me. 

Find an incentive that works for you. That motivates you when you just want to lay in bed and watch just one more episode. It could be a long term goal you’re working towards. It could be you’ll treat yourself to ice cream after you finish your assignment. It could be some new workout clothes if you lose 10 pounds. 

Good luck, and get motivated!

If you want more inspirational posts like this right to your inbox, sign up for my weekly newsletter!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...