11.21.2014

Five Things

This week was pretty uneventful. I just went to class, did homework, studied, nothing really out of the ordinary. Tonight, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm sure I'm going to hang out with Kayla and some other friends. I really really want to see Mockingjay, but I don't think that's going to happen. Tomorrow is ECU's first home football game in a long time, and I couldn't be more excited! My roommate and I are going to tailgate before and then head over to the game.

I leave for Thanksgiving break on Tuesday afternoon. I'm so excited! I can't wait to go home for a long break, eat some really good food, and have some family time. We always decorate for Christmas on the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I have that to look forward to also.

Now, onto my five things for this week!



1 - Serial// This is what I am most excited to talk about and show you guys today on this "5 Things"! I can't take credit for finding this podcast. I read Carly from the College Prepster's Post about it the other day and I just had to see for myself. I started listening to the podcast Serial on my walk to class yesterday. IT'S SO GOOD. I just started episode 5 out of the current 9. A woman, Sarah Koenig, was approached by someone to take a look at a murder case. A man was convicted and went to jail for it, but there are still so many questions about the case. Over the course of episodes Sarah lays out what she finds in police tape recordings, interviews, phone calls, documents about the case and of course, her narrating over it all and giving some more details. I got SO into this yesterday. I listened to it walking to all of my classes, while I did my drawings in my class, on the bus, whenever I could! I'm going to try to keep to just when I'm walking or riding the bus, so I can savor it and not finish it too quickly! I definitely definitely recommend everyone to listen to it. It's so good. I can't figure out who did it! Please let me know if you end up listening to it, let me know what you think!!

 2 - School Newspaper// Not many people I know read the school newspaper. None of my friends do, and I hardly ever see people on campus reading the East Carolinian, which is ECU's. But, I always pick one up whenever the new ones come out and read them! I really like it because, I get to know everything important that is going on at around the school. If your school has one, I recommend you start picking one up too!

3 - Vampire Diaries// Last night, apparently the new episode of Vampire Diaries came on. I was at a friend's house, who watches it. I had no idea what was going on, but I was SO into it! I watched the very first episode back when it first aired YEARS ago. But, I could never get into it. Now, after I finish Dexter, I think I'm going to make Vampire Diaries my next show! Any other suggestions?

4 - Peppermint Mocha// I had my first Peppermint Mocha of the season on Monday and now I can't stop! I've had one from Starbucks almost every other day. I also got Peppermint Mocha creamer for my coffee that I make in my dorm. It's just too good!

5 - Mockingjay// I want to see Mockingjay so bad! I've read all the Hunger Games books, and watched the first two movies. I plan on rewatching the previous two before I go see Mockingjay. I've been waiting for a year to go and see it! I think Kayla and I are going to watch it with our families when we get back!

What are your five things for this week?

What You Missed This Week:
Last Week's 5 Things
Why Should Young People Be Interested in Politics
RefME
Favorite Magazines

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...