10.10.2014

5 Things

I get to go home this weekend! Yay! It's ECU's fall break so I'm home until Tuesday. I miss my family and my house a lot, and I don't think that will get any easier. Right now I'm drinking my coffee, just finished reading the Skimm's that I missed for the week and watching Dog Bounty Hunter. My roommate left yesterday so I'm kind of enjoying the time I have to myself to do basically anything I want.

As much as I miss home, my family, cat, and Mooresville, I do love the freedom that comes along with college. Over the past few days I've been spending a little bit more time on my own, and I love it. I eat dinner when I want, do what I want, watch what I want, sleep when I want, and basically just do literally whatever I want. I got so much homework and studying done in the past few days and I'm super proud! Although I love my parents, I was pretty sheltered up until I got to college, so the freedom is pretty great.

But I'm so excited for my queen sized bed (the XL twin just isn't cutting it), home cooked meals (I'm so sick of the dining hall, and all the restaurants on campus, and I haven't had a Sunday meal in two months), my kitty (animal snuggles cannot be compared), and just Mooresville in general!

ANYWAY, here are my 5 things for this week:


1 - Gay Marriage in NC// Exciting news in the LGBT community as well as NC. Gay marriage should be legal in NC within the next couple of weeks! I didn't think I would be able to see this happen so early on in my life. The final decision was supposed to have been made yesterday, but I didn't hear anything about it. Once the final decision is made, I'll definitely be making a formal post about it! But this is super exciting!

2 - Care Packages// On Monday, my family sent my roommate and I a Halloween care package. It was super cute. It was full of candy, apple cider, scary movies, nail polish, and other Halloween goodies. We watched "The Ring" that night, and let me tell you, it was definitely scary! I've already had so much apple cider the fall season, and it just started. But that's not a bad thing!

3 - Halloween Costumes// It's October 10th. I go to ECU (ECU is known for Halloween. It gets INSANE here Halloween week, because everyone comes here to party for Halloween) and I still don't know what I'm going to be for Halloween. Here are my options, help me choose: Allie from the Notebook, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Rosie the Riveter, Pocahontas or Red Coat from Pretty Little Liars. Who do you think I should be?

4 - Yoga on YouTube// If you've been following me for a while you know that I used to religiously go to yoga. I miss it so much. I don't have the time, money or the transportation to go to yoga anymore and I miss it. I can tell that I need to start practicing again through my anxiety, my sleeping habits, and my stress levels. So I've started looking up yoga routines on YouTube to practice right before I go to bed. Many of them aren't more than 15 minutes. Here's one of the women that I like the best!


5 - Yard Sales// Tomorrow my mom and I are hosting a yard sale at my house! I'm super excited because tonight I get to help organize it and price everything out. Yard sales are a quick and easy way to make some extra cash. I'm selling tons of old clothes, phone cases, nick nacks, books, etc. and usually, my mom makes pretty good money when she has yard sales. So if you're looking for some quick and easy extra cash, this is the way to do it! 

What You Missed This Week: 

Now it's your turn! Drop your Five Things, Week in Review or any other blog post that sums up your week, link below! 

Rules:
-Pop my link into your blog post (ex. Link up on Preppy Little Lesbian)
-Follow me on at least one social media site
-Like my Facebook page
-Come back next week!


4 comments :

  1. I think I'll have to try out that yoga video! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things! Halloween is always super fun, and I definitely use youtube and yogajournal for yoga videos to do in my room. :)

    xo,
    Zoe | La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing yoga/workouts in my room with the help of youtube- POP Pilates is my personal favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yoga! Thanks for posting the video!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...