9.15.2014

Healthy Recipe

So I've wanted to write this post for a while. I love cooking my own lunch. I often grill up my own chicken, or fish, and make my own sides. So I thought I would share a recipe that I recently cooked for myself!

Grilled Catfish topped with pesto with a side of broccoli, and perogies.

The Catfish was actually left over from dinner the night before. But it's really simple to do. Put the fish in a pan with oil on the bottom. Cook until both sides are lightly toasted.


Broccoli is SO simple to make. Put about an inch of water in the bottom of a pot, and sit a steamer right on top of that. Then, cut your broccoli into little trees and put it in there. Boil with the lid on until you get your desired tenderness. I like mine extremely cooked. 





Perogies are the easiest part. They come frozen, and all you have to do is put a few into a microwavable container, cover with water and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to take them out of the water and onto the plate. As for topping, drizzle with oil and use salt, garlic salt and pepper to taste. 



Now you have a well rounded meal easy enough for anyone. The whole thing took me about 15 minutes from start to finish! I really wish I could cook my own things at school, but I obviously can't in the dorms, so I try to cook some at Kayla's apartment when I can!

What other healthy lunch recipes do you like?


4 comments :

  1. This looks delicious! I am always looking for new recipes that are healthy and easy, so I’m super excited about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Love how you instructed to cook the perogies in the microwave! So ingenious! :) Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do them in the microwave! It's a lot faster that way!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...