7.07.2014

Separating Yourself From High School

I cannot believe it's been almost a month since I graduated high school. It still seems like at the end of the summer I should be heading back to the good ole MHS. But I'm not. I'm going to be moving four hours away from my hometown to East Carolina University. Not only with my girlfriend, but also my best friend Zach, and my best friend (and now roommate!) since the 5th grade, Kelsey.

A while back I unfollowed about 300 people on my personal twitter. But I left a lot of people that I still went to school with. And now I see all of these people that I know I will no longer talk to or see again. I feel like I'm still stuck in the high school mindset. And now I know I only graduated less than a month ago, but I don't feel like I'm actually as ready for college as I would like to be.

So I'm going to give you a few things that I'm going to be doing over the next few months as I get ready for college, and start college. These tips are good for anyone. It doesn't matter if you graduated a month ago, two years ago or 8 years ago. I'm sure everyone still has some high school things they hold on to.





1// Okay this may be just personal to me. But I still have my parking lot pass on my car. I cannot bring myself to take it off! I think the first step will be to take that sticker off!

2// Unfollow anyone you don't have any interest in anymore. When I was unfollowing people, I just didn't unfollow some people because I knew I was still going to have to see them at school for the next month. But I know for a fact I will never talk to them again, and honestly, I just really don't care about what they're eating for breakfast or that they're onto their 18th boyfriend after graduation.

3// Plan for your next chapter. For me it's planning for my dorm room, getting everything together for college and what not. Whether it's a new job, a big move, college, or even just starting high school! Plan for yourself. What school supplies are you getting? What kind of dorm room decorations are you getting? What kind of desk supplies do you need? Make lots of lists!

4// Update your wardrobe. Any excuse to shop right? Towards the end of my high school career my style started to change. I wasn't so into short shorts and graphic t shirts. But more into longer shorts in colors like black, navy, and tan. I am more likely to choose a set of pearls than some big flashy necklace.

5// Make sure you make new friends. Keep your old ones, but make some new ones. I can't wait to start getting to college and meeting everyone from my hall. I can't wait. Go out for a late dinner with your coworkers. Order a pizza with some suite-mates you would like to get to know better. Do something different!

What are you doing to separate yourself from your last chapter?

X.O.X.O
A

1 comment :

  1. great tips! i finished high school a year ago and took a gap year. finishing that chapter of my life was hard, but cutting bad vibes and focusing on the present helped me a lot
    xo
    Orly
    coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...