7.10.2014

Love Yourself

Today I got into a twitter fight. I know. A twitter fight is probably the least classy thing anyone could do. And it was all over because I retweeted something that aparently someone else didn't like. Then she said something mean about Kayla. And that's when it turned bad. My blood started boiling and I couldn't be stopped then. After a while though, Kayla came over and we started laughing about the whole thing and giving sarcastic answers to this girl and her girlfriend. Next thing we know all they can say is how we're fat. Really? That's all you can come up with? At first, I laughed it off like, haha yeah I'm so fat. I know right? But as the day went on it actually started to get to me. Like am I really that fat? They even went to the point to call Kayla and beluga whale. That is beyond messed up.

At yoga tonight I noticed I pushed myself a little bit further. Going lower on the squats, going higher and lower on the push ups, and going deeper into every stretch. And in the back of my mind I kept thinking "I need to get skinnier. I need to get skinnier." I didn't even notice I was doing that until halfway through the class.

I'm someone who has had body image and self image issues for about my whole life. For the past few weeks (maybe even months) I've noticed I'm more positive about myself and if my body  is one way, then so be it. From when I was 14 to about 16 I struggled with eating. I would skip multiple meals, diet, or just simply not even eat. I did this because for years people told me I was fat. And I heard it so much that I started to believe it myself. And It was terrible. I had a terrible two or so years.

I haven't done anything like that in so long. But when I hear people say those mean things to Kayla and I, I get so insecure and I hate it. I hate that someone so stupid and irrelevant is making me change the way I think about myself.

But you know what. I'm  not going to let it happen anymore. I'm happy with who I am. I love my body, I take care of my body. I have a girlfriend who loves me and a family who would do anything for me. I don't need to listen to irrelevant biotches about their stupid opinion of me. And you shouldn't either.

If there is someone in your life saying things that are hurting you, cut them off. Don't listen to them. When they say something, laugh. Don't let it get to you. Because you're awesome. You're beautiful, powerful, smart, caring, and going to be way more successful than any of those people trying to bring you down. DON'T LET THEM. You do you. I promise you'll be much happier.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...