6.06.2014

Summer Books

For me, summer is all about reading. While I'm sitting on the beach, I'm reading. While I'm tanning by the pool, I'm reading. Before bed, I read. When I wake up, I read. Two summers ago I read 25 books that summer. I feel like I live at the library during the summer. I get books in groups of 4, finish those, then come back.

I don't know why, but most of the books I read during the summer are books about summer. It doesn't feel right to read them at any other point in the year, and I just love thinking about the beach or the pool and picturing myself there even when I'm laying in my bed.

Here are some books that are on my list to read this summer:
* Forgive the horrific spelling. These books can directly from a list in my journal and I can't read half of my writing. 


Books about summer:
1. That Summer by Sara Dressen 
2. Forever Summer by Alyson Noel
3. Beach Blondies by Katherine Applegate
4. Tan Lines by Katherine Applegate
5. Bermuda Triangle by Katherine Applegate
6. Beach Combers by Nancy Thayer
7. 17th Summer by Maureen Daly
8. Tropical Kiss by Jan Coffeey
9. Carribean Cruising by Rachel Hawth
10. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
11. Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares
12. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han*
13. It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han*
14. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han*
15. Along For the Ride by Sara Dressen

* Those books by Jenny Han are a series. They are seriously amazing. I've read them before and I'm sure I'll read them again. I definitely recommend these books.

Books not about summer:
1. The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
2. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
3. Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
5. It's Kind Of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
6. The entire Gossip Girl series
7. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
8. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
9. Secret Life of Bees by Monksue Kidd
10. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugerides
11. Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
12. Paper Towns by John Green

What books are you reading this summer? If you read any of these books I've recommended, please let me know what you thought!

X.O.X.O
Preppy Little Lesbian 
Ally

*Photo is not mine

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...