4.04.2014

Graduation

In celebration that I got my CAP AND GOWN today, I thought I would share a few songs that I've discovered to be the perfect Senior year, prom, and graduation songs. My best friend and I were driving one day and a song came on and he was like "this is going to be you in a couple of months." And it absolutely shocked me. I cannot believe how fast senior year has gone. Every time I think about graduating I cry. I could not be more excited to graduate, go on my senior week beach trip with two of my best friends, and FINALLY attend ECU with all four of my best friends. But the thought of leaving everything behind and never coming back to MHS scares the absolute crap out of me. So here are some of the best graduation/senior year/prom theme songs.



1 - Here's to the Night by Eve 6// I was listening to the radio a couple of weeks ago and they were talking about their prom theme songs and one of the show members said this was theirs. I've known this song for a long time, but after they mentioned the prom undertone I relistened to it. I have to admit to you that I actually cried. A lot. I just kept listening to it, thinking about my prom in two weeks, graduation and just everything. Listen to the words and you'll totally get what I'm saying.

2 - I Go Back by Kenny Chesney// This is the song Zach mentioned to me. The line that says "I go back to the smell of an old gym floor. The taste of salt on the Carolina shore after graduation and drinkin' goodbye to friends and I go back to watchin' summer fade to fall." It really hit me because literally the day after graduation I am going to be sitting on the Carolina shore after graduation and drinking with my friends after saying "goodbye".

3 - Photographs by Nickelback// "It's hard to say it, time to say it. Goodbye, goodbye." This line REALLLLLLY gets me. I feel like this song is going to be exactly me in about 10 years. I'll always be looking back at this time of my life and thinking about everything I could have done different.

4 - Graduation by Vitamin C// I AM BAWLING MY EYES OUT. I heard the name of this song, and I obviously knew this was going to be a good graduation song. But I looked it up, and I had no idea that I knew the song. But this is the song that is pretty much in every single movie that anyone graduates. The chorus really really gets me. I just picture me sitting on the football field with all of my classmates surrounding me and the chorus just plays in my head.

5 - No Surprise by Daughtry// "It's no surprise, I won't be here tomorrow. I can't believe that I stayed till today. Yeah, you and I will be a tough act to follow. But I know in time we'll find this was no surprise." I actually am surprised that I haven't gone crazy from being in this school for so long. It's crazy, I won't be there the day after I graduate. It's over. Our class probably will be a tough act to follow.

6 - How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20// "And I started waving at the passengers who were waving goodbye" "Let's see how far we've come. Well I, believe, it all, is coming to an end" It is all coming to an end. It's so crazy to think I won't see half of these people anymore.

7 - Here's to Never Growing Up by Avril Lavigne// "Got a bottle of whatever, but it's getting us drunk, singing here's to never growing up. Call up all our friends, go hard this weekend for no damn reason. I don't think we'll ever change." This literally describes my friends and I. I don't think we'll ever change. They were the exact same way they were in high school, and I'm sure I'll be the same way. I don't think we'll ever grow up.

8 - Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield// First ignore the fact that this was the Hills theme song from forever ago. (I was completely obsessed with that show. I watched the entire series in Summer 2011). "Staring at the blank page before youOpen up the dirty windowLet the sun illuminate the words that you could not findReaching for something in the distanceSo close you can almost taste itRelease your inhibitionsFeel the rain on your skinNo one else can feel it for youOnly you can let it inNo one else, no one elseCan speak the words on your lipsDrench yourself in words unspokenLive your life with arms wide openToday is where your book beginsThe rest is still unwritten"

I couldn't choose just one line. This whole part is exactly what it's going to feel like the day of graduation.

9 - A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson// "Some people wait a lifetime, for a moment like this" It is totally true. We all wait for the moment that we FINALLY graduate high school!


Throughout listening to all of these songs and writing all of these explanations, I had tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms. I don't know why, but listening to these songs make me SO very emotional.

Seniors: do you have any other "graduation/senior year/prom" songs? PLEASE let me know. I'm currently obsessed with listening to them all. I'll probably make a CD so I can listen to it on the way to the beach the day after I graduate. 

X.O.X.O
Preppy Little Lesbian
Ally

Twitter*Tumblr

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...