3.18.2014

Workout Schedule and Lunches

I've recently over the past month or so started working out and dieting really seriously. At first (and still kind of is) it was hard for me. I used to never work out. I hated it. I hated sweating and I'm incredibly lazy and I basically don't like anything healthy. I had to develop a workout schedule and try my absolute best to eat healthy. Here is my workout schedule, maybe to inspire you, or help you get on the right track!


Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays:
1 - Elliptical// When I first get to Planet Fitness, I get right on the elliptical. For the first three minutes, I just walk/work at a normal pace. Then for two minutes I run, and go as fast as I can. Then for two minutes, I walk. Two minutes, run. All the way to fifteen minutes.

2 - Bike// I pretty much do the same thing as the elliptical but instead of speed, I use resistance. For the first three minutes, I use resistance level 5, for the next two minutes resistance 10. Two minutes level 5, two minutes level 10, 5, 10 until fifteen minutes again.

3 - Abs// At Planet Fitness they have an area called "12 minute abs" After the start of my cardio, I go there. I don't necessarily do the actual 12 minute program. It really depends on if there are other people in there or not. There are 6 machines in that area and I do each of those for either a minute, or 30 reps. Next, there is another section of abs and I also do those for 3 sets of 10 reps.

4 - Treadmill// Finally, I do the treadmill for fifteen minutes. For the first three minutes I walk at a speed of 2.5 with no incline. For the next two minutes I walk at a speed of 2.5 with an incline of 10. For the next two minutes I walk at a speed of 3 with the incline of 5.

Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays:
1 - Warmup// For warmup just to get my heart rate up a little bit I walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes. Nothing special. Just at a speed of 2.5

2 - Strength// At Planet Fitness they have almost all of the strength machines in one section. I do those in full. Theres maybe 15 machines, but I'm not positive. I do 3 sets of 10 reps on each machine. The weights on each of those varies.

3 - Thighs and hips// There are two thigh and hip machines at PF. One works the inner thigh/ hip and the other one works the outer thigh/hip. I do 50 reps.

4 - Butt// There is only one machine at PF that works your butt and I love it! I've recently been keeping the weight at 50 just because I want to keep my butt nice and round, lol. I do 3 sets of 10 reps.

5 - Cool down// Finally, I walk on the treadmill at the speed of 2.5 for five minutes just to cool down.

This is just what works for me. It works me so much and I love it. I leave Planet Fitness every night feeling SO tired. I'm not a health guru, I have absolutely no idea if this is exactly what I should be doing for my body type, blah blah blah but I've started seeing results so I'm working with what I have.

Food:
The only meal I really get to control what I eat is lunch. Usually for breakfast I'll grab a granola bar or something on the way out of the door. And dinner, my parents cook dinner so I don't ever control what exactly I eat, but how much I eat.

For a while this semester I was eating school lunches. And it actually wasn't that bad taste wise. BUT however since I don't like anything and the only healthy options for sides were salad, mixed veggies, applesauce, etc. and I don't like ANY of that. I would always end up getting two sides worth of tater tots or french fries. And the main courses weren't ever all that healthy either.

I got sick of feeling like I'm eating like shit so I've decided to bring my lunch. What I've been packing usually differs.

Yesterday I brought a tuna wrap, hummus with pita bread to dip, a hard boiled egg, string cheese and fruit snacks.

Today, I brought a chicken breast, provolone cheese, hot sauce sandwich in pita bread, two crackers with cream cheese and spice mix, and some cocoa roasted almonds.

I have no idea what I'm bringing for lunch tomorrow but I'm trying to mix it up a lot. I get so sick of eating the same things over and over!

This is what works for me. I'm so happy with the results, and more importantly, how I feel. I've become so happy with the way I feel and what I'm doing for myself!

What is your workout schedule? What does your meal plan look like?

X.O.X.O.
Preppy Little Lesbian
Ally

Twitter*Tumblr







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...