2.12.2014

Snow

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the snow. I look forward to it all year. There's just something I love about watching the beautiful flakes falling all around, hearing children screaming and playing outside, making hot chocolate and soup, and curling up with a good book, movie, or show.

This week, if you live in the south you know that this winter storm Pax is the worst we've had in over 10 years. I remember the last one. I was 8 and the power went out. The roads were TERRIBLE, we couldn't  get anywhere. It was really really bad.

This storm isn't any better. So far we haven't lost any power, but the roads are terrible and the snow is really coming down. It's non stop pouring down snow. I've never seen anything like it. My sister and I didn't have school today, my mom was forced to come home early from work and now we're waiting for my dad to finally get home.

This is what my house looked like about 15 minutes ago:


Now it's 10 times worse.

I was supposed to go to Greenville (where ECU is) this weekend (Valentines Day) to see my girlfriend, Kayla, but now it's not looking so great. I'm absolutely devastated. I was so looking forward to going to ECU and seeing Kayla since we haven't seen each other in a long time.

I guess I'm just going to spend my day watching the snow, reading my current book: My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares, texting Kayla, and hopefully skyping later. Earlier, my sister and I made cute Valentines day cookies! These are the ones I decorated:



It's so beautiful outside, but the only thing that would make it better would be if Kayla was here. We would go play in the snow at the park by her house. We could sled, and make a snowman and have a snowball fight. Then we could come in and cuddle in her basement by the fireplace while watching a movie with hot chocolate and watching the snow fall. I cannot wait until we get to do this every winter!

Everyone PLEASE be safe in this weather. Stay indoors if at all possible. And if you absolutely have to go out, please be careful, drive slower, use your hazards. Take precautions. BE SAFE.

X.O.X.O,
Preppy Little Lesbian
Ally

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...