1.21.2014

Silver Linings Playbook


Back in the summer I watched the movie Silver Linings Playbook and I loved it. I was obsessed with it. I finally bought it on DVD on Black Friday because it was on sale. 

But I just loved it. If you have seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Pat, just left a mental institution after 8 months. The movie shows his journey after coming home and it's just so amazing. It's told through Pat's voice so we get to hear his thoughts. He has breakdowns and outbursts throughout the movie. I can definitely relate. Although, I do not have audible breakdowns and outbursts and hardly anyone ever knows. 

Now, to the whole point of this post. Over the weekend, I went with my little sister to Barnes and Noble to get a book or two and maybe find something for our moms birthday. So I'm looking in the bargain section and I see Silver Linings Playbook. I knew I had to get it because I loved the movie so much. I started reading it that night. Right from the start it was so different from the book, and giving me even more things to relate to. I finished the book in four nights. I just couldn't put it down. I felt for Pat. I wanted him so badly to forget Nikki and be with Tiffany, someone who understands who he is and what he's going through. 

It was such an amazing book. I really feel like it has changed me. For the better. It is now one of my favorite books of all time and I can't wait to read it again. 

Have you watched Silver Linings Playbook? Have you read the book? What did you think of it?

X.O.X.O 
Preppy Little Lesbian
Ally

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...