6.28.2015

Yoga Bitch

I usually don't post on Sundays but I had to write about the book I just finished: Yoga Bitch by Suzanne Morrison.


I LOVED IT! It's an memoir about Suzanne's trip to Bali on a yoga retreat. She learned so much along the way, even during the times when she didn't think she was learning anything. Suzanne was so honest throughout the entire book, recollecting through her journal about her two months in Bali. 

I really really really enjoyed this book and even though I wish I could, I can't put my finger on exactly why I do. Honestly what attracted me to the book was the title and tag line. I'm skeptical, cynical and I love yoga. So, uh, what could be better? 

As I was reading this book I couldn't help but want to spend even more time on my practice on my mat than I do (I practice about 5-6 days a week). I couldn't help but want to be able to meditate better and just perfect my forward bend (you have to read the book to get the reference). 

I would have loved to have this book for my book club, but I know this book isn't for everyone, because not everyone loves yoga like I do. But, if you're interested, definitely give it a try! You don't even have to like yoga to enjoy this easy and funny read. Definitely recommend! 

BTW, Have you finished June's book club book? Only a few days left until I review it and announce July's book! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...