3.20.2015

Five Things




1 - Diary of Mel// I'm so excited to help out a personal friend of mine, Melissa. She wrote a book a while back about her story and struggles with mental illness. I've personally read the book, and it's so beyond captivating and real. If you struggle with a mental illness or know someone who does, you definitely know what it's like, and this book is nothing short of the truth. Definitely go check it out, and I promise you will not regret it.

2 - 50 Meditation Tips// Something I've been really really wanting to do, but really really struggling with is meditation. I used to take a 30-minute meditation class at the yoga studio I frequented over the summer and I loved it. I found so much peace and many benefits from it. But I've been having a hard time keeping up with it on my own. But, I recently read this article and I really think that I can have an easier time trying to implement meditation into my everyday life. Do you meditate? If you do, what tips do you use?

3 - No Ceilings// This website, No Ceilings, gives so much information on how we're Not There yet in gender equality. I spent about a hour just going through the map section, seeing how the USA compares to other countries in categories of gender equality. Did you know that we are one of the 9 countries that DON'T pay employed women for maternity leave? I found that extremely interesting. Did you find anything else interesting through No Ceilings?

4 - Ellen for President// In perfect Ellen fashion, she created a hilarious video what she thinks it would be like as president for a day. Obviously she was just trying to be funny here, but I do think Ellen would be a great president!


5 - Social Media Purge// Honestly, I unfollow mass amounts of people almost daily. Even if I just unfollowed 10+ people yesterday, I'm sure I could find at least 5 people I have changed my mind about and I honestly just don't care to see their posts. In this article, she tells you exactly who she unfollows, and if you're looking to "social media purge" for the first time, this is a good place to start!

What You Missed This Week:
Last Week's Five Things
Rooms You Can Be Inspired By

What are your five things for this week?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...