9.24.2014

Benefits to Writing Letters

I LOVE writing things down. I always do. I keep a journal where I recount my day, I write my to-do lists (multiple times) down on paper, obviously my agenda is on paper and Kayla and I used to write letters to each other when we were long distance. Also, all of my blog scheduling, running list of post ideas, and everything like that is written down on paper. 

Writing and receiving letters is and always will be one of my favorite things. The thrill of walking to the mail box and seeing my name from Kayla is always so great! I couldn’t wait to open it and see what Kayla has said or drawn for me. I also love writing letters to Kayla, and planning what else I’m going to put in them! 

Since before Kayla and I started dating we have always written letters. We used to pass them through a friend, and eventually started writing around four letters a day! I have boxes and boxes of letters from Kayla. 

There are many benefits to writing letters, and I thought I would share a few with you guys! 


Thank You’s// It’s really beneficial to write out thank you’s to people. If you landed a really awesome job through a friend or acquaintance send them a hand written thank you. If you’ve recently graduated and someone bought you a present, send them a hand written thank you. In my case, my local yoga studio has allowed me to come practice yoga for free since I was leaving in a few months. Before I leave, I’m going to write them a thank you note. A handwritten thank you note will go a LONG way. It gives people the impression “this girl has her shit together”. If you actually take the time to write something meaningful, people will remember that for a long time!

Memories// If you and a significant other write letters back and forth they will serve as so many memories that you can look back on! Like I said, I keep many many boxes of letters from Kayla and I like to look back at them some times. If you only write emails, texts, Facebook messages, they’ll eventually all delete and you won’t be able to look back on your awesome memories!

More Personal// It’s so much more personal to write letters to people! Each persons’s handwriting is completely different. Everyone has their own cute little ways of writing things. No matter how many emojis you put in a text or an email, it’s not going to compare to little hearts or doodles on your page, or your cute personal signature! Plus in letters you can put so many different things in them. Pictures, drawings, stickers, homemade jewelry, and so much more!


These are just a few reasons as to why I love writing letters. What are your reasons? Or what are your reasons to like other ways of communication?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...