8.21.2014

Growing Up and Day 2

Much like my Starting Over post, growing up has been on my mind a lot. I feel as though I've grown up a lot recently. And I know I will continue to grow up. And it makes me kind of sad and nostalgic. Sometimes I listen to Taylor Swift's Never Grow Up and think about myself, and realize that I'm no longer a little kid, and I don't know what to do with myself.

(Me in 2000 as sassy and unhappy as ever)

As you all know, I'm moving into my freshman dorm tomorrow. I cannot believe that I'm going to college tomorrow. I remember when I was in 6th grade and all I cared about was boys and my 3 best friends. I remember the friends I had when I was five. I remember the street I used to live on, what room was mine. I remember moving into this house I live in when I was 8. I remember decorating my room and thinking I had a cool, big kid room.

It's so hard growing up. I turned 18,  got my own debit card, kept a (pretty) steady income from helping out my dad, applied, and got in to college, graduated, went on my first vacation by myself and now I'm moving into college. All within a year. I remember when my (now) roommate and I were in 5th grade and talked about boys, and spent way too much time watching movies or laying by the pool. I remember when we used to stay up for hours talking about crushes, and gossiping.

It's crazy that tomorrow, I will be moving into college with my best friend since the 5th grade. If 5th grade us known that we were going to do this then, we would have been blown away. A permanent sleepover? AWESOME. I remember when my sister was born, and I hated her until about 4 years ago. Now we're best friends, and I have to leave her.

I remember when I was a freshman, a little baby freshman and I met Kayla. I remember college felt so far away and it felt like the end of the world when Kayla left. I remember feeling that two years was going to feel like eight. I remember having a curfew at 11, and not getting to hang out with my friends, I remember being left out because I wasn't 18 so I couldn't do everything that everyone else was doing.

Now here I am, 18 years 11 months and 3 weeks and I'm moving into my college dorm, I still have my best friend, and I still have my girlfriend. I guess growing up isn't too bad. With age comes responsibilities, and now I think I'm ready for some more.


_______________________________________________________________________________

It's day two in the Back to School Blogging Challenge. And today’s topic is to write a Thank You/ I Hate You letter to a teacher in your past! 



Dear Mrs.

I want to thank you for everything you have done for me. When I needed some advice, someone to talk to about anything, help with research papers, or any thing else. You were always there. When I was crying about a stray dog, you sat and listened to me even though you had work to be doing, and I had no reason to really be crying. When I came in to ask for help and a mock interview for a scholarship, you dropped everything you were doing to come and help me. 

You were the only person at MHS who actually cared about their students and tried your hardest to get to know them. I felt at home in your classroom and loved to actually come to your class. Thank you. Thank you for being a wonderful woman since I was a little girl. You’re amazing and if I go and see only one teacher from the high school ever again, it would definitely be you. 



How do you feel about growing up? Are you ready or not? What would you tell your favorite/least favorite teacher?

6 comments :

  1. You look so dang adorable in your photo! I was much like that too that age too. Always so pissed at the world it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks! I was a sassy one (and still am)!

      Delete
  2. Eeeek! Freshman year is both scary and exciting. Definitely take things slow and soak everything in. You''ll have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try! I'm starting to get super excited!

      Delete
  3. aww your picture is adorable!
    xo
    Orly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute picture! Growing up is hard, none of us really want to do it. But eventually you will find that you are happier as you get older!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...