3.02.2014

Healthy Kick

Everyone has those moments when they look in the mirror and they just totally hate what they see. It could be that extremely curly hair that doesn't seem to go your way. It could be the way your thighs touch too much, or not enough. It could be the muffin top, that just doesn't look quite right anymore with your favorite top. Trust me, I have those moments more often than I would like to admit. But recently, I've been on a healthy kick to try and kick those moments to the curb.



Prom is in 1 month and 10 days. I already have my dress, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I just want to put it on and never take it off. Although it fits perfectly, I kind of want to lose a few pounds, and maybe tone up a little bit, especially my arms.

My mom and I used to have a YMCA membership and it was great. They had so many classes that you could choose from, and it was really awesome because what you had to do or workout was right in front of you. You never have to think about what you should do next. Plus, it's a lot easier to push yourself when you're in a class with 20 other people who are all doing what they're supposed to. 

In the end, my mom got a new job, and she wasn't able to go as much, and I just didn't really have an interest in going anymore, so my mom canceled the membership because it was just wasted money if she didn't. 

After I got my prom dress I really started thinking about toning up and trying to lose some weight. And also get a little tan. I have heard of so many people going to Planet Fitness, and they all loved it. I was a little nervous because I have never had to come up with my own fitness routine and workout all by myself and at my own accord. But, in the end, we tried it. And for the past few weeks I've been working out. (I'm trying to go on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.) 

I really really like it there. Their whole motto is "The no judgment zone" and I really like that. Because at the Y, you could tell that there were always people who were judging you. I've started to tan in the tanning beds. I HATE tanning though. It's so unhealthy for you, and I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to get skin cancer. BUT, I just keep telling myself it's only for a couple of months, and I will be okay. 

The whole eating better part of being healthy is what I'm struggling with. I have a problem with the textures of food, so I don't like most vegetables, and I don't like ANY fruit. So eating better is a problem for me. So, to try and eat a little bit better, I've completely stopped drinking soda, I rarely eat fast food anymore, and instead of grabbing a bag of chips, I grab pretzels or wheat thins. We also keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge for an after workout snack. 

By no means am I this like health guru. I'm just a girl trying to do her best to become happy and more confident (and get toned up for prom). 

What is your workout plan? What kinds of healthy foods are you eating?

X.O.X.O, 
Preppy Little Lesbian
Ally

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...