12.08.2016

Decorating for Christmas In a Small Apartment

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I love Christmas SO MUCH. Now that I'm finally in a place that I call my own (or really, "our own") I had to go all out this year to decorate for Christmas. It's small, but it's ours and I'm really happy with how it turned out! I'm confident that you can decorate your small apartment (on a budget) too!





This what our outside looks like (and I make that wreath for under $20! If you want to know how let me know in the comments!) All you need is a box of 300 lights to wrap around your railing, or if you're in an apartment, your balcony. My mom got that snowman years ago at Big Lots for $15!


I don't have a fireplace or a mantle in my apartment, but I do have a tall bookcase. So I added some garland and colored lights and hung our stockings off of the garland because honestly, stocking holders are too expensive. I added some snowflake "ornaments" from Walmart ($2) around the garland.


My mom got me this cute little pillow from Hobby Lobby and I put it on our couch.  



This is our little white tree (notice no ornaments near the bottom, thanks for ruining it, Nani!). We have a paw print ornament for both Koda and Nani. Last year, we started the tradition of getting each other new ornaments to put on our tree each year. 



This is our little place setting for our dining table. I took the leftover pieces I got for the wreath and made them into a little arrangement. My mom had these gold plates that she gave us (but I think she got them at Walmart for around $2 each), the napkins are $1.50 for a pack of two and the napkin rings were $1.50 each at Hobby Lobby. 


In the kitchen, I hung the remaining snowflake ornaments under some of the cabinets. To the right, you can see a little light up present that my great aunt made my mom many Christmas' ago. In the middle, I had a mini tree that I used to keep in my room at my parent's house. There are also some Christmas dish towels hanging on the oven. 


On the left is a little statue thing that I got from Kirklands, the tree is from AC Moore for about $2 and the little house is from a little village that my grandmother used to have. 


In the guest bathroom I had a little coke bottle with a few fake flowers. But for Christmas, I took out those and put in the extras from the wreath and a little holly candle holder. 


These are just some easy, cheap ways to decorate your small apartment for Christmas. Let me know how you decorate - tweet me @designallyblog!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...