8.05.2014

Expensive to Cheap Clothes

It's happened to the best of us. You are shopping and you see the cutest top ever. Flip the tag over and all you see is $$$.$$. I wish J Crew, Kate Spade, and Michael Kohrs were so much cheaper. But I've realized there are similar options for way cheaper at places like Target and Old Navy. I know some people are all about the labels. However, most of the time, I'm not. If it looks nice, I want it!

So I'm going to give you a few pieces that are from some of the top names today that have similar cheaper options!


Kate Spade:



This wallet right here is from Kate Spade. On the website it's running at about $180.



I ended up getting this wallet from Target for a fraction of the cost at $15. (The color is extremely vibrant in person.



This super cute skirt is priced at an insane $600.


Although it's a little different, I think this skirt is still equally as cute, it's knee length like Kate Spade's as well as you get the floral pattern. This skirt is $60.

Jack Rodgers:




Every preppy girl's closet has at least one pair of Jack Rogers. These are priced at $110.




These knock off Jack Rogers look almost exactly the same but, don't have the name Jack Rogers on it. For $25 I think I'd take the knock offs...


J. Crew:




Many preppy girls also swear by chambray or denim shirts. To me, they look the exact same. Or are they? Honestly I don't even know. But this J Crew chambray shirt is $100...




While this H&M denim shirt is $25.


I understand the want for "labels" but in all honesty, no one cares if you're wearing Target or you're wearing Kate Spade. Chances are, no one's going to notice unless you tell them. As a broke college student, I would much rather have a $15 wallet that doesn't have Kate Spade's name on it. I'm not telling you not to splurge once in a while, but just be cautious with your choices, and make sure there's not a similar, cheaper version of something brand name.


Another thing you can do is check out your local consignment shops. I have a few in my area that carry things like 7 for All Mankind jeans, Miss Me Jeans, Kate Spade and things like that. Even if it is secondhand, you're still getting the brand names you love. Just remember to wash everything before you wear it!


In what areas are you willing to splurge? What areas are you not?


16 comments :

  1. Great job finding almost the exact pieces. That can be a hard thing to do. Even though I still myself am a major sucker for Kate Spade regardless the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I searched a lot! I wanted to get the right pieces!

      Delete
  2. I was one to splurge on my first pair of Jacks, but when I found myself wanting another pair, I opted for the knock offs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perfect!! I would NEVER pay that much for an item of clothing where (like you've demonstrated) you can get an almost identical piece for next to nothing!! Love love love that wallet. I'm a huge fan of Target wallets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And I just got that wallet and I love it! It holds everything! I love Target too. Definitely one of my favorite places.

      Delete
  4. I am always looking for a good deal. Loving those sandals, so so much!!!!! I actually just picked up a chambray button up from Old Navy for less than $10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome job finding dupe pieces! Definitely going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-FREAKING-MEN!!! I love this!! I always see all these amazing fashion blogger wearing stunning outfits and when I look to see what it is they're wear I about have a heart attack at the prices!

    Good find!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I see that all the time! I hate it! But, there are always similar options out there! :)

      Delete
  7. I wait until the pieces go on sale. I just bought a chambray shirt from J.Crew for $20 because it was on sale! I also shop outlets. Target does have some seriously great (and adorable) wallets. Although, Kate Spade is my guilty pleasure... I just love it!

    xo,
    Zoe
    La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $20?! Wow that's great! I definitely always wait for sales. I just bought a pair of the cutest flats from Target for $5!

      Delete
  8. What great finds! I am always on the look out for cheaper versions of stuff I love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...